Check in Policies
Check in is at 3 pm unless special arrangements are made in advance with the innkeeper.
We appreciate that you have chosen to stay with us at the Rock Cottage Gardens and hope that you will thoroughly enjoy your stay. Our house is yours when you are our guests and we want to ensure that your visit and those of our guests to follow you will be the most pleasurable.
- Your comfort and privacy is most important to us – unless you ask, we will not service your room until the 3rd day of your visit. However, if you need fresh towels or room service at any time, please let us know and we’ll be glad to take care of that while you are out enjoying the town.
- Please ensure that you lock your cottage when you leave the premises – while Eureka is a very safe town, it is best to lock up your valuables including laptops or jewelry. We are on site while you are our guests with an occasional short trip to the grocery store so please lock your cottage, but cannot be responsible for unsecured items.
- We are working to be conscientious about recycling in Eureka, we have provided trash cans to separate out your glass, plastic and aluminum cans to make the job easier for our cleaning crew. Thank you!
- Please do not leave food in your cottages, extra trash bags and receptacles are available for disposal daily. This will help us keep bugs and pests out of the cottages for everyone’s comfort.
- Please lock your vehicle if you leave it parked on site while out shopping or walking around town.
- We make every effort to keep the cottages clean and sanitized and while most of our guests are very respectful of the property, we have had some occasions where our cottages and contents have been abused – any damages or excessive cleaning requirements will be charged to your credit card. There are ash trays available outside smoking, please let us know if you need another. Ladies…we have necessities in the office if you find that you need something quickly.
- We have doggie poop bags in the front office for your convenience and the gratitude of our other guests. Please do not wash your puppies in our jacuzzi’s …this creates a major problem in keeping our tubs clean and functioning for the next guests. Pets should be kenneled if left in the cottages alone.
- On occasion we will have unexpected issues such as dead batteries in remote controls, or a jammed dvd player or an occasional fuse pop…please let us know immediately if you have a problem so we can address it promptly during your stay. We sincerely hope you will not be inconvenienced.
- We enjoy a full dining room every morning, however if you cannot make breakfast, please let us know that you will not be attending so we do not fix extra plates. Breakfast is at 9 am every morning unless special arrangements have been made in advance, we work very hard to put a fresh and hot breakfast on the table each morning…the last 30 minutes of preparation is most critical…if you come early, please help yourself to coffee or juice provided in our dining room or our open common area. We hope you’ll be able to join us!
- We lock the door to the main house at 9 pm for general safety, but if you need something, please feel free to ring the bell…we are always up until 11 pm…
Thank you for your understanding with these notes, we hope that your stay is most enjoyable!